Sunday, August 15, 2010

Casia's baptism

I'm way behind on my blogging so I am starting back in May when we went down to Tropic for Casia's baptism. I started making a quilt for all my nieces when they turn eight years old. It's been fun for me to make them. Sometimes I wonder what I got myself into when I'm up late into the night trying to finish it. I hope they know that they are made with lots of love. With this quilt I was able to use a machine quilter for the first time. I loved it. This wonderful lady from my ward let me use hers. I still need to replace a couple of needles that I broke. I sure appreciated her letting me try it out. I think it made the quilt really cute. I stitched in a heart design.
I was pretty nervous and tense. It took me a while to loosen up a bit.

Me and Casia. I love you Casia and am so proud of you. You are growing up to be such a beautiful young lady.

Hunter and Mike at the picnic in the park after the baptism.

My baby brother David and my Dad. Love these guys!


3 comments:

Megan said...

Thank you from Casia. What a treasure!! Thanks for coming to her special event in her life. Great memories.

Anonymous said...

Kelli, That quilt is beautiful. You have a talent for picking out great fabrics. Stacy

Becca said...

You are such a great aunt in making those quilts. Have you figured out yet how many more you'll need to make? One more in my family (he, he) I know those quilts are made with love and we appreciate every stitch you put into them.