Well, this is what is going on with us right now. On wednesday, a couple days ago, I took our car to a service station in Basin to have our transmission looked at, and while I was there I felt a gush of something (sorry for the details) and at first I thought I had wet my pants (again sorry). I went to the bathroom to check and their was a lot of blood. A girl that worked there gave Hunter and I a ride to the E.R. at the Midway Clinic. I had a placental abruption with Hunter so I was pretty scared. I am not due until October 3rd, still 8 1/2 weeks away so it is still too early. They sent me to Cody to be checked out. They tested the fluid and it was positive for amniotic fluid. I was contracting and still bleeding. They gave me meds to slow the contractions. Trents father in law came right away to help Mike give me a preisthhod blessing. I felt so much calmer after that. I am so greatful to have the preisthood in my life. Later that evening they flew me by helicopter to Billings and that is where I am now. Things are doing remarkably well. I have stopped leaking fluid, the bleeding has stopped, contractions have slowed way down, and the baby is doing great. I know that miracles do happen and our Heavenly Father is mindful of us. I am on antibiotics to prevent any type of infection since I have ruptured my membranes. They have given me two steroid shots to help the baby's lungs mature faster. I had an ultrasound yesterday and the amniotic fluid level is still really good and at a safe volume for the baby. The doctor said that small tears in the sack can actually seal themselves back up so we're hoping that is what is happening. At the moment they are more concerned about the placenta. He thought there was probably a small separation of the placenta from the wall of the uterus. They are keeping a close eye on that and are very happy the bleeding has stopped. We are very optimistic and pray that we can keep this baby in as long as possible. For now we are just waiting to see what will happen. Thank you for your prayers and phone calls.
Hunter and Mike keeping me company. I sure love my boys and am so happy to have them in my life. Mike is such a good support and gives me so much comfort. I had my fingernails and toes painted a dark pink color and it is starting to chip and look bad so Mike is off to the store right now getting some fingernail polish remover and nail polish. I told him to pick whatever color he likes. I'm excited to see what he chooses. And of course he said he would pick me up some sugar babies. I have been craving them this whole pregnancy and have eaten a lot. Thank you honey. You are the best!
Hunter is off to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Aagard for awhile. They came by to visit today. He was sure excited. I know he will be well taken care of. He has a lot of energy so I hope Robin and Alice will survive this.A lot of my family came by to visit me yesterday. I had a family reunion planned for this weekend. I was really looking forward to going, but I'm glad I got to see most of them yesterday before they headed up to the Big Horns. I told them to take a lot of pictures and share them with me. Megan said she would. Thank you, Megan! Becca, my sister-in-law, shared a bunch of chick flicks with me so I have something to watch to help pass the time. I'm sure Mike is thrilled. And she is letting me use her little laptop so I can catch up on my blogging. I'll have a lot of blogs with the date- Aug. 7 because I was way behind and now I have some time to catch up. Thanks, Becca!





3 comments:
So what color did he choose? I hope you got your feet rubbed too! You are in our every prayer and in our thoughts. We love have Hunter in our neighborhood again. I think he had fun and the b-day party last night for Ella. Hope it continues to go well. We want a healthy little guy!
I am so glad you are doing alright. Just remember to stay safe. I will send you some pictures of what I took from the reunion. I didn't get as many as a I wanted to because I forget my Camera from the hotel. I know I'm terrible. But Becca got some good ones so we can ask her for hers. You will continue to be in our prayers. Love you!!
Glad things are going better!! I hope you weren't too worn out with all of us coming. It was fun.
Post a Comment